Old OrchardOld OrchardOld OrchardOld OrchardOld OrchardOld Orchard

Monday, December 8, 2014

Easy Shrimp Cheese Ball

The holiday season is now in full swing! YAY! With that comes lots of parties, gatherings, and get togethers. 

I wanted to share a super easy recipe a friend passed onto me many years ago that's become my goto when I have company over or my host request a dish. 


Ingredients:

1 cup Shrimp, chopped
16 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon Mayonaise 
Lawrys Seasoned Salt to taste
1 cup toasted Almonds, chopped

In a large mixing bowl combine shrimp (I buy the fully cooked and ready to go packs from the meat counter) cream cheese, green onions, and mayonaise. I use a flat wooden spoon which makes quick work of the task. Add a few dashes of the season salt and mix in. Keep a few chips or crackers handy to taste. Add more seasoning if needed. 


 Once everything is mixed together and seasoned, set aside. To make the ball, I use one of my Latte bowls from Anthropology as a mold. They are the perfect size! First, line the bowl with plastic wrap, then using a spatula,fill the bowl with the cheese mixture. Press down the top of the mixture to eliminate any air pockets. Cover and place into the refrigerator until cheese mixture is firm again. 


Once the cheese ball is set, grab your serving platter and place it upside down on top of the cheese ball. With a quick flip, the cheese ball will slide right out of the bowl mold onto your platter. Peel back the plastic wrap. Take your chopped almonds and gently sprinkle and pat them onto the dome giving it a nice crunchy crust. Do this until the entire cheese ball is covered. 

That's it! Told you it was easy. I serve these with crackers or chips. Would be great to use with a veggie tray too! I always get tons of compliments with this one, and folks always assume it's super hard to make. 

What's your goto holiday entertaining dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment